Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sonogram and Monday

I had a sonogram on Friday to make double sure the baby was dead. I had to have a full bladder for this test. This test was done at the hospital and they looked at every angle of the baby. I have not heard from the doctor on the final results but the ultrasound tech said all she saw was that the baby's belly was swollen.

This so surreal. I do not feel morning sickness any more and have occasional cramping but no bleeding or discharge. I have to report to the hospital on Monday at 7 am. The hospital staff person I talked to the other day estimates I should be able to leave the hospital by 2 pm on Monday. What I am most nervous about is the anesthesia. It makes me nervous to be put under. The last few days I have been an emotional wreck about it and today I am slowly getting to the point of psyching myself up to the fact that it has to be done, I will get through it and life will move on.

Wes has been so wonderful throughout this whole pregnancy (just like he was for the other ones). When I had morning sickness or having horrible cravings he went and got me whatever I needed. When I needed time away from the kids he helped me with them. He has been a listening ear.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. 'Hope all goes well. 'Glad you have Wes.

TheRapunzelGirl said...

you're all in my prayers. hopefully everything goes well and you are able to be physically well soon.

Cari said...

FYI- They don't have to put you under to do a D&C. Jessica found this out with this last one. They can do a spinal block but the recover in the hospital is longer so they usually don't.