Sunday, November 27, 2011

Wes and summer playing

This summer Wes spent 9 weeks in Iowa minus one week we went on vacation together. He spent the time in Iowa and Nebraska playing guitar and singing with his brother's band. We went up to Iowa for fourth of July and the girls and I went back home on the 5th. Mid-August the girls and I met him in St Joe so we could go down to Ridgedale for a vacation. He briefly returned to Columbia after our vacation to help a friend with their air conditioner. Then he left again until the beginning of September. He had a great time playing music. He returned to Columbia because he missed us and being in Iowa comes with a price.

The girls and I missed him lots. All Wes wants to do is play music so I was okay with him being gone. It was hard to have him gone. At the same time it was easy because Wes has been miserable for so long. He has been trying to create his own band in Columbia but cannot seem to find a drummer. They do not want a drummer who can just keep a beat but they want someone who can do artistic drum techniques. Wes can play the drums really well but he does not want to play them. He would rather play the guitar. It was nice for him to play with his brother's band but it is not his band.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I hope they find the right drummer. It's good to do what you love when you can. I hope my hubby can find that some day. The military is great, but warehouses just aren't his cup of tea. LOL

BTW, the word verification I have to type in is "lemon sin." Sounds like the name of a band...