Monday, February 28, 2011

100 things and activities

I have been fascinated for years about simplifying my life. One of my favorite books is by Elaine St James called Simplify your life. Some of her ideas are a little extreme for me but many of them I have done and it has helped so much. I have given away or thrown away a lot!!! Plus not allowed some things to come into my house. A few months ago I read on the web about reducing down to 100 things. There were tons of sites about 100 things. I do not know if I could go down to 100 things but I started making a list of 100 things that are important to me. Some of the websites that I read discussed separating things that are shared by others into a separate 100 list from the 100 personal things. I now have an Excel spreadsheet with the things categorized by personal (me only), shared, Wes only, and Anna only. I was talking to Anna about the 100 things the other day and asked her what 100 things she would want to keep or have. Very interesting conversation. She brought up things I forgot about. She is my outdoorsy child.

Last night I started thinking about 100 activities. Our lives are so busy. What 100 activities are important to me?

These lists of things and activities are good to consider at this time when I am re-working our budget and thinking about what we want to spend our money and time on.

No comments: